Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

HCFS Ban

I've decided to become as HCFS (high-fructose corn syrup) free as I can. I believe strongly in the "think globally, act locally" mantra. I started by giving up soda, and I'm moving into other realms. HCFS is a super-sweetener. The less you need of an ingredient, the more powerful it is. You could think of it as you might heroin, for instance. The more you use, the more it takes for you to get high. We no longer crave the sweetness of fruit for dessert, we want super-sweets!

Comments:
Never thought of it that way before--about fruit not being enough sweet. That could certainly be true for me.
 
YAY Sally! Good Idea!
 
HFCS in some things gives me seizures. For 2 years, I had to go completely off anything with sugar or corn syrup...I would have a seizure within 2 minutes.

I've been soda free for 2 weeks now. GO ME!! (Sonic slushes don't count...do they??)
 
So how is this going for you today, Halloween? What is it in? I don't drink sodas anyway. I'm going to have to start reading labels to find it I guess.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?